On 26/08/2012 23:05, Mark Carey wrote:
v2 spaces to tabs as per RSpliets feedback on IRC
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the patch, it is indeed needed :)

However, I don't like the wording. Instead of telling that it isn't normal, we don't tell what should be done neither what it will impact. I guess something like "modesetting disabled, hw acceleration disabled" would be more suitable.

Speaking about that, I wonder how Nouveau would work on a CRTC-less card :D

Martin

PS: I have tested booting Arch with "nomodeset" and x-server loads VESA. Exactly the behaviour we are looking for :)