Am 03.01.2016 um 19:52 schrieb Csányi Pál:
On Sun, Jan 3, 2016 at 1:04 PM, Csányi Pál <csanyi...@gmail.com> wrote:
I want to use nouveau driver in the future too.

So I'm in doubt in that that whether to buy
GeForce GT730
So, does nouveau support these cards?

Should I choose GTX 750 Ti or GT 730 or neither of them?

Is that true that GTX 750 Ti is Maxwell and may work with
xf86-video-nouveau v1.0.11, but the next v1.0.12 removed the GM10x
support?
So should I buy instead the GT 730 card?
I would very much recommend a GT 730 over a GTX 750 Ti in terms of
nouveau support, although they are not comparable in price or
performance (GT 730 will be cheaper and slower). But on the bright
side you should be able to reclock a GT 730, so perhaps with nouveau
it really will be faster.
Oh, one last thought, I know NVIDIA loves to rebrand marketing
names... make sure you don't get a GT 730 that's really a Fermi -- if
it says 48 or 96 cores, it's probably a Fermi. If it says 192 or 384
cores then it will almost certainly be a Kepler (which is what you
want).
I can't know without buying it whether is it Fermi or Kepler, right?
I get only these informations from that card:
VGA GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GT730, GV-N730D5-2GI, 2GB DDR5,
902/5000MHz, HDMI, DVI-D, D-sub

Is this a Fermi or a Kepler card?

In general I'd look out for Kepler-based cards. These are better supported by nouveau and there are some cards which outperform (in hardware) a 750 Ti (which is maxwell). I've got a 650 Ti which is slower (in hardware) than a 750 Ti (but it should be faster than a 730[1]) and I'm pretty happy with it.

[1]: http://www.pc-specs.com/gpu/comparison-versus/886/875/geforce-gt-730-vs-geforce-gtx-650-ti

Best regards.