I think that now the problem lies in the gcc compiler
that you're using. There are known problems when trying
to compile older versions of NS (and some newer) with gcc >= 3.4.
The version you have downloaded is for gcc 3.2 version while
your version is gcc 3.4.2 and because of certain incompatibilities
in the source code, the 3.4.2 compiler being more "strict" does not
allow these incompatibilities to pass by, so it terminates with a complaint.

If you want that version of NS, then you will have to use gcc 3.2. You
do not need to erase the old one, simply you have to install AND the new
one and just change the symbolic link in /usr/bin to point to your
gcc-3.2release
when you will copile ns and then (if you like) you can change it back.

You can also check this page for further details on this error

http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/ns-problems.html#ns-allinone-2.1b9

-Fk

--
Filippos N Kolovos