Hi,

This "problem" is known. This fact is that NSsbackup can't determine the real
size needed by an incremental backup.
This is because the job of deciding what is to be put in an incremental backup
is left to TAR.

So basically, the size that we put as required for a backup is the worst
case, the size of a full uncompressed backup (even though less might
actually be used).

But I think what can be done for this Bug is to add a parameter that
would allow the backup to proceed even though the needed space is not
available. But there is a big risk in it: the risk of the user not
noticing to the disk is getting full and to have no space left on the
disk to have a working system.

Maybe there is a way to ask to TAR to stop before the disk is full but
this needs to be checked.

--
NSSbackup fails due to name convention
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/503597