> So I did (I hope I did correctly) anything as explained, and when finished
> went to a terminal in /usr/local/bin, and ran sudo nssbackup-config-gui
> (this is a fresh file, just installed) but the result was exactly the same as
> reported when opening the bug. This nssbackup found my present configuration,
> but that seems normal.

I think that this is because your configuration has been borked by the
last version. Can you pastebin your configuration (after removing any
password or sensitive data ?
http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/

And give the link here.

> By the way I noticed that among the prerequisites pygnome, pyglade, pynotify
> and fuse are not listed by the synaptic windows, which seems odd for a newbie.
> Apparently pygnome stands for python-gnome, pyglade  for python-glade,
> pynotify for python-notify, and fuse for fuse-utils, ......that's not obvious!

yes, it's not, I have written these that way to be OS agnostic cause on
some others system they are not called the same way as in Ubuntu. I have
updated the INSTALL file for Ubuntu.

--
Oumar Aziz OUATTARA

Si vous ne pouvez pas expliquer quelque chose a une enfant de six ans,
vous ne le comprenez probablement pas.
-+- Albert Einstein -+-

--
some oddities