Hi,

I noticed the next strange behaviour. Let us create very simple file test.tex:
------------------
\font\bf=cmbx12
Normal text. \bf Bold text.
\end
------------------
Now include this file by plain pdftex:
------------------
\pdfximage{test.pdf}
\pdfrefximage\pdflastximage
\end
------------------
Everything is correct. No let us try to insert the file by context:
------------------
\starttext
%\font\bf=cmbx12
%Normal text. \bf Bold text.
\pdfximage{test.pdf}
\pdfrefximage\pdflastximage
\stoptext
And that is!!! Text 'bold text' is typeset with totaly different font from cmbx12, so it is smashed by wrong metric! See the attached file. If I uncomment two lines, so the font cmbx12 is not only present in the included file, the result is correct. Where is the problem? Something mixing cm and lm? I though that included file comes with all font resources.

Hmmmm, now I feel it is more pdftex-related then context-related question.

vit

(pdfetex v1.30)

--
Vít Zýka --- http://typokvitek.com