On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:

> This minimal file [case 1]:
>
> \setuphead[chapter][numbercommand={\gobbleoneargument}
> ]
> \starttext
> \chapter{One}
> \stoptext
>
> fails.  Whereas if the first two lines are replaced by [case 2]:
>
> \setuphead[chapter][numbercommand={\gobbleoneargument},
> ]
>
> or [case 3]:
>
> \setuphead[chapter][numbercommand={\gobbleoneargument}]
>
> then it's fine.  Is this a bug or a feature of TeX's tricky spacing
> rules?  And how can I think about ConTeXt's parsing in way that the
> difference between cases 1 and 2,3 is obvious?

A newline is treated in general as a space, so you have unwanted space in
case 1.
case 2 shows just a ConTeXt feature: space after a "," in an option list is
gobbled.
case 3 is the normal way to write \setup-commands

If you really want a newline as in case 1, then consider case 4:

\setuphead[chapter][numbercommand={\gobbleoneargument}%
]

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/