Yeah the extraoutlook thing caught me out too.

________________________________
From: Carl Houseman [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 24 April 2008 4:51 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Xobni issues and invites

Monday I put my name on the list at the Xobni website and got approved less
than 24 hours later.  It may have had something to do with my using Vista and
Outlook 2007.

So I have 6 invitations if anyone wants one, but ask in PRIVATE mail only.

Installed it this morning and already I have "issues".

Xobni and ExtraOutlook don't get along.  Not surprising, the worst I can say
about that is the Xobni boings and pops up a warning that it can't run twice.
I don't expect Xobni to program around it, since ExtraOutlook is very commonly
used.

But, Xobni is setting messages to read just for clicking on them (no preview
pane enabled).  And in one case, all 15 or so unread messages in a Public
Folder went read at once, and I'm pretty sure I didn't click on each message.
I poked around looking for "don’t mark messages as read" in the Xobni options
and not finding it, I send a report to tech support.

Just now while writing this message, 3-4 other unread messages in my NTSYSADMIN
public folder became read.  Not good.  Unread status tells me I need to look at
it.  Messages going unread by themselves isn't something I can tolerate for
very long.

Carl