I had a great day of birding in the above counties today.  Highlights were a
total of over 300 Horned Larks between Chester and Montgomery. Five Savannah
Sparrows at the Orange County Airport with 35 HL and one Snow Bunting and an
American Kestrel there as well.  At the Shawangunk Grasslands in Ulster County
I had three Red-tails and two Rough-legged Hawks (one of each phase).  Just
outside the grasslands I had two BLACK VULTURES and a Turkey Vulture.  The best
site was the Wallkill River at Lippincott Road.  I had 22 Common Goldeneye, 16
Mallards, 2 Black Duck, 3 Hooded Merganser, 6 Common Merganser, 13 Canada
Geese, 39 Herring Gull, 2 Great Black-backed Gull, 5 Ring-billed Gull and one
beautiful adult winter LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL.  John Haas