This morning before church, I spent from 0750 to 1000 at the N.F.P., for
the 3rd time this season. Birds were still scarce, but I did manage to get
a FOS House Wren, in the company of Tom Pfeifer, a nature photographer,
whom I met, at about the half way point on my regular "loop". A short time
afterward, we both were "shooting" an E. Starling, as it perched near it's
nest hole, bathed in sunlight, causing the irradiance of it's alternate
plumage to just "burst out" at us ! While on the way home, I got to
thinking about this time on the "firing line", and began to chuckle at the
thought of how we must have looked side by side, firing away...Tom with
his  "howitzer", and me with my "45" !

Cheers,
Bob