I forgot to include the following:  After leaving H.L.S.P. I made my very
first visit to  the Norman J. Levy Park & Preserve on E.Merrick Rd.,
Merrick, after seeing a post on this list-serve awhile back re: the colony
of Monk Parakeets that resides there...it's simply the largest M.P. colony
that I have ever seen ! There are 10 nests in total, each on a separate,
extra high, light stanchion, which are used to illuminate a ball field. I'm
sure, when on,  they must produce a considerable amount of heat. There are
other smaller light poles, while fairly high themselves, must not be able
to give off as much heat, as evidence by the lack of nests on them.

Cheers,
Bob