Some people agreed.

It is very much an implementation detail, and either way, it is outside the
scope of this specific security exploit (as is, we knew about it when we wrote
the original spec). The spec includes the following language:

"The Request Token has never been exchanged for an Access Token."

I believe it is enough. It is common sense to expect servers to take security
measures when requests fail.

EHL