On 05/11/12 17:40, Hagar Delest wrote:
Le sam. 12 mai 2012 00:07:35 CEST, Pedro Giffuni a écrit :

I would suggest:

"User community support forum for Apache OpenOffice
  and all the OpenOffice.org derivatives"

There's no need to favor any particular fork.

This was my first proposal but we can't obliterate the fact that LibO has already a strong user base too. Moreover, since many GNU/Linux distros have switched to LibO, many users don't know about AOO. It can be a way to make them aware about that.

As long as the codes give a common ground for users, we can benefit from both sides (users point of view).

Hagar

Hmm.. based on the download stats, I don't think LibO is all that
relevant in the big picture. Most of the users are in Windows,
not in Linux, and Linux users are requesting OpenOffice.

Without being irrespectful to LibO, I think we should focus
Apache resources on the one true OpenOffice, and just
dropping a name isn't closing the door for their future
participation in the community.

Pedro.