On Mon, 2024-05-06 at 17:32 +0200, Marta Rybczynska via
lists.openembedded.org wrote:
> I'm not a copyright lawyer, but from what I understand public domain
> is not a licence. For a discussion
> seeĀ https://wiki.spdx.org/view/Legal_Team/Decisions/Dealing_with_Publ
> ic_Domain_within_SPDX_Files
>
> The next version of xz will be 0BSD so the statement will change too.

I did check into this a bit. We do have a "placeholder" license file in
our common-licenses directory so PD is accepted in our license fields
but there is no SPDX PD license identifier for the reasons linked to
above, each wording is different. PD means different things in
different locations too.

Switching to 0BSD probably makes things easier!

For now, mentioning PD in the LICENSE field would match other recipes.