IMO removing any space makes the expanded items in service manager look wrong
and squashes the number against the text when displaying which is also annoying.

Using a simple space works for me with English and Chinese bibles.

What is the fear with the line-break?  How is our space suddenly going to
change to a line-break?

If it has to be something then go for the   the same as every other HTML
using application but please don't just strip it out when displaying.  Having
the space between verse number and content looks much better especially with
the Chinese characters.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~trb143/openlp/bugs/+merge/46343
Your team OpenLP Core is requested to review the proposed merge of