> self.logError does not log the error in the debug log, it logs the error in
> the interface.
> And in line 22 you are logging an untranslated message in the interface.
> However, if I am not mistaken this case (line 22) will never arise!?
You are right. Right now this will never arise. But it seemed safer to me to
pass some notification (even if untranslated) to the user if code changes
elsewhere and this part does not get updated.
But right now I think that simply raising the exception again would be better,
this way we would get a bug report about the problem. Is this good?

> 2) Introduce an error code, so that we know which error it was if an user
> comes with the translated string.
Totally makes sense.

I propose to use error codes classification - first digit shows part of code:
1 - general
2 - database
3 - songs
4 - bibles
5 - media
0 - other plugins

second digit is operation
1 - general
3 - saving
4 - display
5 - user input check
6 - import
7 - export
0 - other

so 321 would be song loading error #1
and 4712 bibles exporting error #12
Is it worth the extra complexity? Do we need other categories?
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~mahfiaz/openlp/bug-304/+merge/86147
Your team OpenLP Core is subscribed to branch lp:openlp.