Hi,

A possible solution is Add a mapping structure so we can map each block to
one or two letters.
This way each country/translation could decide what letters to use.

Rgds,
Pedro Cunha

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Jon Persson
<1005...@bugs.launchpad.net>wrote:

> Then say "if the first letter is taken, take the the next too" or something
> similar.
>
> 2012/5/31 Andreas Preikschat <1005...@bugs.launchpad.net>
>
> > > All,
> > > I think the double-character solution would cover all languages
> reported
> > so far.
> > > If not, at least using double-character only for some blocks
> > >   shouldn't this be in the guidelines of the translations to avoid
> > repeated First Char or Double Char.
> > > @Simon Scudder
> > > The Brazilian translation of Pre-Estrofe should be Pre-Refrao. or not?
> > > Verse ->  Estrofe
> > > Chorus ->  Refrão
> > > Pre-Chorus ->  Pre-Refrão
> > >
> > The problem is, that we don't say "Chorus" becomes "Ch" and "Verse"
> > becomes "V". We just say: Take the first letter as abbreviation.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > --
> > You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> > report.
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1005168
> >
> > Title:
> >  Pre-chorus and End gets same abbr. in Swedish
> >
> > Status in OpenLP - Worship Presentation Software:
> >  Fix Released
> >
> > Bug description:
> >  1)
> >  Windows 7 Pro (64-bit)
> >
> >  2)
> >  OpenLP 1.9.9 build bzr1955
> >
> >  3)
> >  In verse order in the song creation window you cannot have both
> > pre-chorus and end in the same song since they share the abbreviation S1
> > (pre-chorus=stick and end=slut). Or rather you can have a Pre-chorus but
> > not an end since the abbreviation for End isn't recognized as a correct
> > ditto.
> >
> > To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> >

> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1005168
>
> Title:
>  Pre-chorus and End gets same abbr. in Swedish
>
> Status in OpenLP - Worship Presentation Software:
>  Fix Released
>
> Bug description:
>  1)
>  Windows 7 Pro (64-bit)
>
>  2)
>  OpenLP 1.9.9 build bzr1955
>
>  3)
>  In verse order in the song creation window you cannot have both
> pre-chorus and end in the same song since they share the abbreviation S1
> (pre-chorus=stick and end=slut). Or rather you can have a Pre-chorus but
> not an end since the abbreviation for End isn't recognized as a correct
> ditto.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:

You received this bug notification because you are a member of OpenLP
Core, which is subscribed to OpenLP.