I imported "Amazing Grace" (taken from the OpenLyrics' sample songs). In OpenLP
(verse editor) the first verse looks like this:
"
        Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me;

        I once was lost but now I'm found, was blind but now I see.
      "

NOTE: Yes this means, there is a newline at the beginning and several
white spaces!

A song exported from OpenLP looks like this (I exported a version where
the song is properly formatted in the song editor).

<verse name="v1">
      <lines>Amazing grace how sweet the sound<br/>that saved a wretch like

** Changed in: openlp

** Changed in: openlp

** Changed in: openlp
    Milestone: None => 2.0

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of OpenLP
Core, which is subscribed to OpenLP.

Title:
  Importing OpenLyrics songs preserves white space around lines

Status in OpenLP - Worship Presentation Software:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  The OpenLyrics song format doesn't seem to include white space around
  content within the <lines> tag. Example from
  http://openlyrics.info/dataformat.html#song-lyrics:

  <lines>
    Amazing grace, how sweet the sound<br/>
    That saved a wretch like me!<br/>
    I once was lost, but now am found,<br/>
    Was blind but now I see.<br/>
  </lines>

  OpenLP includes all white space (spaces and line breaks) instead of
  trimming the lines, so when importing for example OpenLyrics sample
  songs there is more spaces and line breaks than one would expect.