Sorry but this confusing.  I cannot follow the calling path clearly.

I am not objecting to signals and slots but to the implementation.

We have the Registry yes but also we are moving to a python implementation of
slots please see the above example.  That is where I was trying to point you to
look.

If you cannot get this to fit then fine but that needs to be understood.  Are
you architecting a capability we may never need?  If we need it later we can
added it / refactor it.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~patrick-zakweb/openlp/duplicate-removal-review/+merge/149175
Your team OpenLP Core is subscribed to branch lp:openlp.