Freddie Chopin wrote:
> On 2010-11-12 18:27, Peter Stuge wrote:
>> David Brownell wrote:
>>> As for boards or JTAG adapters without nSRST,
>>> no imagination is required; I have production
>>> boards of both flavors.
>
> Show my an example of any _normal_ JTAG interface that does not have
> srst?

I'm sure there are many stupid interfaces like that. We should still
be able to use them as well as possible with their limited
capabilities..

> As for the second case, OpenOCD's main purpose is debugging, not
> programming, so production boards are not very interesting here.

I disagree there, since openocd can easily be automated and
customized I think it is also useful for programming. (E.g. the
NXP+FPGA chain from just a few days ago.)

But it doesn't change our problem; we need a data model that allows
a meaningful decision tree in openocd.

Limitations of one board or interface should not affect another with
more capabilities.

//Peter