hi,

i don't know if i understood your problem properly or not but what i
got is u have a code which is throwing in exception(some value not
returned) so IE is catching it and showing it. now what u can do is
instead of IE getting that exception catch that in your own javascript
code(assuming u are writing in javascript to pull data) just put line
which throws error in try block and give an employ catch block as
given below...

try
{
      /*your javascript code which is throwing error*/
}
catch(e)
{
    /*if u want to handle situation that code goes here*/
}

i hope i got your problem correctly and this helps you.