Resolved- Do this to persist xml (either to the opensocial
persistence store OR thru the gadget _ig_fetch** calls to
your server)

1. url encode the query string (esp.  turn whitespaces to %20)
2. There is a size limit to the query string (I think its below 1k-I
stick to 800 characters).

-Sanjay

PS: The fb community is WAY more suggestive than os. Am I
the only developer pushing the flash embed and xml persistence
route???!!