Hi Nate,

The Orkut gadgets are hosted on gmodules.com, which can be used as a
web proxy, so it's not advisable to open your firewall to allow
access.  For example, someone could just go to

http://gmodules.com/ig/proxy?url=http://internalurl.youdontwantmadepublic.com

and get access to your intranet.  I've heard of developers exposing
their development applications and just internally whitelisting
against specific user IPs, but there may be other workarounds - so if
someone has found a method that they like, could they post it here?

This problem will probably be resolved once Shindig is able to serve
OpenSocial gadgets, since you'll be able to run an internal gadget
server, but I don't really have an ETA of when that will be possible.

~Arne