I am also the same issue. I am seeing this issue with the dataResponse
when I call newDataRequest to get the owner.

to be specific, owner.getField(opensocial.Person.Field.NAME)... used
to return a string containing the user's name but now returns a
javascript object. I see the same thing when I try to get the field
opensocial.Person.Field.GENDER. However, this does not seem to be
happening with all the fields, when I get
opensocial.Person.Field.THUMBNAIL_URL, it still returns a string with
the url to the user's thumbnail, just like it did before 0.7.

I've been scratching my head at this as to why the orkut container is
doing this. Is this an intentional change? Is this a bug that's going
to be fixed?