I've been able to validate POST requests using PHP.  Around last week I
noticed that orkut started signing POST requests with POST in the signature
base string that they were encoding (they had formerly used GET, which was
incorrect).  I would check the OAuth library to make sure that it's not
hardcoding GET into the signature base string anywhere.

Hope this helps,
~Arne