I am trying to get the orkut localization example to work,
http://code.google.com/p/opensocial-resources/wiki/OrkutLocalization.
I am running into a problem with the gadgets.Prefs() section, it
appears that the line var prefs = new gadgets.Prefs(); simply returns
a reference to gadgets. Then I get an error when calling the getLang
function, "prefs.getLang is not a function". If I call directly to
gadgets.Prefs.prototype.getLang(), it works, so the function itself
exists. Here is the function I am using:

        function getLocale() {
                var locale = "en_US";
                if(globalMinorVersionNumber <= 6) {
                        //TODO:
                } else {
                        if(gadgets != null && gadgets.Prefs() != null) {
                                var prefs = new gadgets.Prefs();
                                if(prefs != null) {
                                        locale= prefs.getLang();
                                        locale = locale.replace("-","_");