OpenSocial 0.8 is the first version of the API that allows
applications to access the list of friends of an arbitrary individual.
0.8 is not yet available in the sandbox but should be available within
several days.

Unfortunately, orkut will not offer this capability right off the bat
-- you will be able to fetch the friends of the application owner and
current user, just as you can today.

- Jason