Hi nice_guy. I apologize again for the late reply. I was able to
verify that my signed requests are being validated properly when the
string in field1 has greater than 8,000 characters. Actually, I tested
as high as 20,000 using the signature validation code provided on the
wiki:

http://code.google.com/p/opensocial-resources/wiki/OrkutValidatingSignedRequests

If you send me a sample field that is working for you (under 8,000
characters) and one that isn't (over 8,000 characters), I can help you
more. But since I'm not able to reproduce the issue with long fields,
there isn't much I can do until I have the exact data that is causing
your validation to fail.

- Jason