I have managed to play with my code and I have found that
oauth_token was previously used int the base string as an empty value
whereas now it is complitely omitted. Just making sure that my code
does
not force the oauth_token parameter in the base string gets my code up
and
running again.

Although I think there have been some more changes related to the
normalisation
of parameters as to when they should be urlencoded or not to match the
signature

Opensocial_app_url should not really make any difference as it is just
another
custom parameter, it could have been any parameter needed from your
application.
Opensocial_app_url would have characters like http:// that will need
to be escaped
and this could cause issues in verification code.

Once I solve all the issues with the dilemma of escaping or not I'll
post my code

Marco