I am writing an external web application hosted on my server. (Its not
an orkut app and resides outside). I want to access user data from my
server by making API calls. Is it possible to do this. I have seen
power.com allowing one to just type in orkut username and password and
it shows all user data.

WHat should be the approach:

1. Using OpenID / google web authentication.I am able to get claim id/
email but how do i get orkut user id to fetch data from orkut.
2. Create a orkut app. Making it compulsory for user to add my orkut
app first and when adding send the userid/claimid detail to my backend
server. Then for all future access I can directly use this claim id.

I am very new to this and would like to be guided. Anticipating help
from this forum.

Thanks in Advance,
Vikas