Apparently, the new method is to use OpenSocial Templates...
although is still in testing phase I guess...

http://groups.google.com/group/opensocial-orkut/browse_thread/thread/21bb562caec81851
http://wiki.opensocial.org/index.php?title=OpenSocial_Templates_Developer%27s_Guide

Haven't tried it yet...