So if i'm reading this right, *no* javascript will be allowed on
profile views in the future.

How can the app make calls to the datastore?

Where is 'newFetchPersonAppDataRequest' replaced, for example?

I'm very new to templates and wish to get my (successful and highly
popular) app back on track. Losing installs is no fun.

thanks,
Christopher

ps. from docs:
"2.1.1 Limitations
An OST implementation can fetch, inject, cache, and store data
requests for the application before any client side code executes. OST
does not represent a full replacement for JavaScript. OST assumes that
applications can fallback to JavaScript whenever a combination of
application and container cannot make use of a given OST feature."

...seems like a contradiction to be depracating *any* use of
javascript immediately before OST can sufficiently replace the
necessary functionality.

pps. does any of this seem super weird to anyone? Goog has such
consistent policies about backward-compatibility. OS developers jumped
through hoops, contributed to the community for months before being
able to publish apps and were super patient as goog wrestled with the
launch of OS on Orkut. Now we lose Profile views? and can't use .js or
Flash at all when we get them back (provided we can get up to speed on
this template thing)? I don't mean to be a bother, but this appears
strangely out of step with how Goog usually does business, especially
with regard to the developer community.