I dont think there is any way in which you can track the invites especially
when you are using the requestSendMessage API. However, since this API is
called from JavaScript, you can track the fact that the an invite has been
sent or not in JavaScript just before you make the API call. Also the API
will return success or failure, which you can track as well to make sure if
an invite was sent successfully.
Cheers,
Swapnil