I had the same problem until I put the verification code in CDATA tags.  See
if that works.

From: opensocial-orkut@googlegroups.com
[mailto:opensocial-or...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Prashant Patil
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 11:00 PM
To: opensocial-orkut@googlegroups.com
Subject: [orkut-developer] Re: Verify Ownership of your Gadget

You just don't have to add the key after adding key you have to click
on verify Button to check the key is same or not! (That's verification
)

also try this format with new code!!

<Content>ALm6fM3XmcExbLElgFHH9qHS4DPq2Asx_OiCeF33jVonpKwzUarFx7-ODFV8LcpLwjg
Dk2QObFoTU_xVoJL8n3L-me_2z4bcKpH846RUlCUcnZbIBG4pVVUbEvyTvy8znZ0w3hY1O1CjkH5
PFOpJ2MoxbH4KgJ8yHA==</Content>

athttp://ibrahim.greatinnovus.com/friendstein/friendstein.xml";.

--
Regards.
Prashant aka Orkuteer

Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd
never leave.