Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 20:09:37 -0300
Subject: [orkut-developer] Make signed requests using OAuth
From: jefferson.ru...@gmail.com
To: opensocial-orkut@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone!

I have to build an application to show results from a live poll available on
Orkut counting votes from all users.

So, I need to store some data from Orkut into an external database to
consolidate all the votes. Note: I need to show a live-report of the votes from
all users that have the application and not just the vote from me or my friends.

I understand that I need to use a makeRequest signed with OAuth to write the
votes from each one and read the data consolidated from everyone who vote in
the poll from an external server.

Could anyone help me sending a complete tutorial with a how to Write data to an
external database and read it back?

I've tried to follow these articles, but it's not working properly:
http://wiki.opensocial.org/index.php?title=Introduction_To_Signed_Requests
http://wiki.opensocial.org/index.php?title=Validating_Signed_Requests

When I put the fetchme.php on my server, I can't get the correct message. I
think it's wrong on Wiki.

regards,
Jota