Mine has 2000+ users. But when I try to migrate it does say, "Your app is
not featured"
You could probably add a review process to migration of apps. For example,
when someone requests the migration of the URL of an app, you could review
that URL and then when you approve it, the actual migration takes place.
Till then, the older URL remains in use.

Cheers
Ankit
http://ankitahuja.com