i know the answer is No before i ask but sure no harm in Asking :-)

what i'm trying to do is to server-to-server authentication rather than the
user experience having a "dance" (
http://sites.google.com/site/oauthgoog/2leggedoauth/2opensocialrestapi),

my server app directly logs into Orkut on behalf of the user (i.e. the user
gives my server app their username (email) and password),

is this possible with the Orkut API because it is possible with Picasa?