The intent of signed requests is just to confirm the request comes
from orkut.com and comes from your own application. Otherwise, someone
could develop a script making calls to your server in order to change
some data. However, this not prevent one to build a browser script and
flood your server from within the application.

Signed requests can be easily spoofed. If you use makeRequest with
postParams, these params will be in plain text in the request. The
only case they can't be spoofed is if you use https.