This is something that I have noticed the retrieving "owner/viwer"
information is not working for past couple of days. It shows noting
this is breaking my application for Orkut and Gmail and gives
inappropriate date in case of IGoogle. Here is the code that can
demonstrates the same:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Module>
  <ModulePrefs title="Viwer Information">

  <Require feature="opensocial-0.8"/>

  <Require feature="opensocial-data"/>
  <Require feature="opensocial-templates">
    <Param name="process-on-server">true</Param>

  </Require>
  </ModulePrefs>
  <Content type="html">
    <![CDATA[
      <script type="text/os-data" xmlns:os="http://ns.opensocial.org/
2008/markup">

        <os:OwnerRequest key="owner" fields="name"/>
      </script>

      <script type="text/os-template" require="owner" xmlns:os="http://
ns.opensocial.org/2008/markup" xmlns:osx= "http://ns.opensocial.org/
2009/extensions">

        This app belongs to ${owner.name.familyName}
      </script>
    ]]>
  </Content>
</Module>