There is a small but significant bug on a new canvas in sandbox.
Activity dialogs are opened at the top of the page and most of the
time not visible if the canvas is tall and the click is towards the
middle/bottom.

This can cause activities to be not posted/ignored.
On production it works OK - the dialog is opened in a visible area.

hope this will be fixed before deploying to production.