I think that "Load Time" it shoudn't be a issue for Orkut.
Let users decide if the app it´s taking too much time to load.

There are several flash games today on Orkut that take more time to
load, because the files are huge.
What's considered a lot time to load?

Let users take action choosing the apps they want to have.

Cheers