Correct.  The latest Python release within Solaris is version 2.6.  The
other versions (2.4 and 2.5) are deprecated.  See PSARC 2009/043 for
details.  I have included a short quote from the description section of
that case.

Thanks,

John

     Python 2.6 and 3.0 are not fully compatible with the currently
     shipping Python 2.5 and Python 2.4 releases.  All of the above
     Python versions are parallel installable, however, ideally only
     one version should be included in the default installation.
     New projects should target 2.6 or 3.0.  Existing projects in
     Solaris should migrate to 2.6 or 3.0.