    1.2. Name of Document Author/Supplier:
         Author:  Donald Cragun
    1.3  Date of This Document:
4. Technical Description

This case updates PSARC/2008/094 (ksh93 Update 1).

While implementing PSARC/2008/094, which (among other things) planned
to replace /usr/bin/printf with a link to the AT&T AST printf, the
project team found some irregularities in standards conformance in both
the default printf() function in libc and in the behavior of
/usr/bin/printf.

Since some of these issues may involve official interpretation requests
against the POSIX Standards and the Single UNIX Specifications, they
may take a long time to resolve.  Therefore, this case removes the
changes to /usr/bin/printf that were documented in PSARC/2008/094 from
the deliverables provided by that case so PSARC/2008/094 changes can
be integrated in a timely manner.

Since the current /usr/bin/printf will not be changed by this case,
there are no backwards compatibility issues.

6. Resources and Schedule
    6.4. Steering Committee requested information
        6.4.1. Consolidation C-team Name:
                ON
    6.5. ARC review type: Automatic
    6.6. ARC Exposure: open