Sounds like this is a good way forward.  I do have two questions though:

1) Synchronization with audio... you had told me at one point that one
of the time sources was an audio source that emitted a tone at specific
intervals -- such that accurate timing information was critical for
you.  Have you tested with Boomer?  Will this project rely on, or make
use of, the OSS API that is being integrated with Boomer?  (PSARC 2008/318)

2) Suspend/resume interaction.  One of the problems that we've been
discussing lately is NTP getting out of sync on a resume event.  How
well does the new NTP code deal with this?  There is SIGTHAW delivered
on a resume, but you might not get it "right away" -- and SIGFREEZE is
useless because you might not get that until *after* the system has
resumed from a suspend cycle.   Anyway, I'm interested to know what work
has been done here, and what needs still to be done.  I'm willing to
help out, since I have similar issues for audio drivers, and I think
Randy is willing to help as well.

Thanks.

    -- Garrett