On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 07:19:39AM -0800, Raj Prakash wrote:

> Gnu automake 1.10.2
>
> Versions 1.10 and 1.9 already exist as part of Solaris.
>
> Automake installs most of its files in version-suffixed
> sub-directories, hence multiple versions can co-exist
>
> /usr/bin/aclocal-1.10.2       Uncommitted     command
> /usr/bin/automake-1.10.2      Uncommitted     command

Is there any reason that 1.10 can't simply be replaced by 1.10.2?  IIRC,
there were incompatibilities between 1.9 and 1.10, which is why both are
there.  As far as I can tell, Ubuntu doesn't have separate packages for
each version in the 1.10.X series, just for those in 1.X.

Also, note that most of the updates you present here have no interface
changes, so they don't really need ARC approval -- simply upgrading one
component to another doesn't necessarily have any architectural impact.

Thanks,
Danek