On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 08:34:41PM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:

> Please note that it would be a good idea to unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> and LR_RUN_PATH from within solaris.sh

nightly and bldenv both unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH and its variants, along
with a large number of other linker-related variables.  Since
opensolaris.sh isn't intended for use except via these scripts (and
won't by itself give you a working build environment anyway), that
seems ok.

I don't see any historical reasoning for the absence of LD_RUN_PATH
from among such a laundry list of similar variables we so carefully
unset.  It may be intentional, but I see no evidence for it and at
first glance I'd agree it's a bug.  Why not file it at
bugs.opensolaris.org?  Something like 'bldenv and nightly should unset
LD_RUN_PATH'.

--
Keith M Wesolowski              "Sir, we're surrounded!"
Solaris Kernel Team             "Excellent; we can attack in any direction!"