On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 03:23:16PM -0700, Helmar Wodtke wrote:

> > ext2fs:
> > http://www.sun.drydog.com/faq/9.html#9.24
>
> Well, that's like this access to some misconfigured
> Windows-Partitions on Linux... It's read-only and I can access only
> one partition (question: also only one if I have two disks?):

You have the source, right?  You can learn more about the ext2 format
elsewhere if needed (BSD if you're really paranoid about reading Linux
code).  What is preventing you from implementing r/w ext2 support for
OpenSolaris?  I'm sure many people would find this useful and even
contribute.

Further discussion of ext2 should go to -rfe.  Reply-To set
accordingly.

--
Keith M Wesolowski              "Sir, we're surrounded!"
Solaris Kernel Team             "Excellent; we can attack in any direction!"