> >This is the problem of opensource work, it only get
> hobby level
> >of priority. for most ppl, work,family and lastly
> hobby come last.
>
> That's why I feel it is important to "physically"
> start a user community in a Chinese university.  Sort
> of like killing two birds in one stone.  I think the
> MST of China will be interested in this idea.

I don't think the resource (student and to-be professors)
in Chinese(China and Taiwan) univesities  will contribute
much on opensource project. Perhaps only those professors
who already obtain their tenue  will show some interests.

If China is really true to its communism belief, they
should set aside funding for opensource project and
feed a group of opensource developers to work on the
heavy lifting leg works of Chinese computing. These
Chinese Comuting opensource developers should be treated
like Olympic gold medal  winner.

I will check out iiimf for O.S. later when I have some free time.

tj