On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 11:40:51PM +1000, James C. McPherson wrote:

> It is my expectation (and note that I'm not on the zfs team just an
> interested bystander) that shortly after zfs is integrated, it should
> appear under CDDL on opensolaris.org. I have no say in the matter,

Correct.

> and the zfs team, legal and marketing will be groups which decide on
> how that proceeds. I'd like to see zfs under CDDL.

Well, not really.  The circumstances in which something isn't released
under the CDDL are very limited, and "we don't feel like it" isn't an
acceptable one.  The project team and marketing can express opinions,
but the decision to make Solaris open source has already been made at
the highest level.

--
Keith M Wesolowski              "Sir, we're surrounded!"
Solaris Kernel Team             "Excellent; we can attack in any direction!"