On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 07:39:39PM +0000, Sean Sprague wrote:

> I don't know wether I have fallen over the edge completely
> here or not, but is there any way that we could have a way
> that we could effectively have a process similar to BFU that
> would update an ON instantiation to a certain SX:CR release,
> ie, to create a SX:ON environment? eg. Something that would
> allow eg. "Install SX:CR b30, BFU to 20060208 from archives,
> then "ONU" to SX:CR b32 ON components only; thus fulfilling
> the requirements for full source builds". That might cut out
> time delays incurred by legal wrangles with non-ON
> consolidations.

I don't understand how this helps; BFU already operates on ON bits.
Perhaps you mean a BFU for all the *non*-ON bits, which would indeed
be nice but seems fairly unrealistic.  In any event it's those non-ON
bits that are causing the delays, and many of them aren't ready for
release under a suitable license anyway.  I'm afraid this sounds like
a non-starter to me.

--
Keith M Wesolowski              "Sir, we're surrounded!"
Solaris Kernel Team             "Excellent; we can attack in any direction!"